All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
FORMER WELL DRESSING LOCATION - LAST DRESSED IN 2022
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Christ Church Well Dressing outside the Church, on the A615 on the Alfreton side of the village
- 2. Tea Well
- 3. Moses Well
- 4. Jubilee Well
- 5. Three Horseshoes Well Dressing
- 6. Time Capsule Well Dressing
- 7. Methodist Chapel Well Dressing
- 8. Horse & Jockey Well Dressing
- 9. Coronation Well
- 10. Primary School Well Dressing
- 11. Wessington House Well Dressing
- 12. Phillips’ Well
Three of the wells are located on the Green, accessed by footpath from the playing fields or the Church.
How to get there
Wessington is located on the A615 Matlock to Alfreton road.
CAR: use DE55 6DQ for satnav
At busy times, a free car park is provided in a field opposite Holy Trinity Church. At other times, park on the side roads of the village, not on the main road.
BUS: Mondays to Saturday: every 2 hours from Matlock and Alfreton, with some journeys extended to Old Tupton. Sundays: hourly from Matlock, Alfreton, Derby and Nottingham.