All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
FORMER WELL DRESSING LOCATION - LAST DRESSED IN 2019
In 2019, there were five:
1. Village Green Well Dressing 5 dressings on the Village Green, next to High Street, near the Library.
2. High Street Well Dressing
3. Clematis Cottage Well Dressing
4. Church Lane Well Dressing
5. Seventh-day Adventist Church Well Dressing
6. Church Street North Well
7. St Bartholomew’s Church Flower Festival Well Dressing
8. Churchyard Well Dressings
9. Revolution House Well Dressings
10. Cock & Magpie Well Dressing
11. Old Garden Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
In 2020, it is likely that the dressings will return to their former locations at Church Lane and in the Churchyard.
How to get there
Old Whittington is located on the B6052 Chesterfield to Eckington road (if heading north from Chesterfield on the A61, at the 2nd roundabout take the 4th exit).
CAR: use S41 9QW for satnav
Car parking is usually possible somewhere in the village.
BUS:Every Day: frequent services to Chesterfield, Sheffield and various local destinations. Some services pass the Cock and Magpie pub, others turn away from the B6052 at Broomhill Road, about 150m closer to Chesterfield.