All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
- July 8 to July 15, 2023
- Dedication: July 8, TBA
In 2019, there were eight, together with three in nearby villages:
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Market Place Well Dressings 4 dressings at the old horse troughs in the Market Place
- 2. St Mary’s Church Well Dressing at the gateway of St Mary’s Church
- 3. Tramway Village Well Dressing at the ornamental gates (not the public entrance) of the Tramway Village on Plaistow Green Road
- 4. Crich Infant School Well Dressing at the gate of the School playground, at the top of Bowns Hill
- 5. Hindersitch Lane Well at a small well on the south side of Hindersitch Lane, about 60 metres from its junction with Leashaw
- 6. Wesleyan Chapel Well Dressing (2016)
- 7. St Mary’s Church Well Dressing (2016)
- 8. Tramway Village Well Dressing (2016)
- 9. Cliff Inn Well Dressing
How to get there
Crich is located on minor roads northeast of Ambergate on the A6.
CAR: use DE4 5DD for satnav
Usually reasonably easy to park in the village.
BUS: Mondays to Saturdays: hourly from Alfreton and Matlock, every 2 hours from Belper and Ripley; Sundays: every 2 hours from Alfreton and Matlock.