- July 6 to July 14, 2013
- Dedication: July 7, 12:00noon outside the Town Hall.
- Wells in the Making: July 2 to 5, daytime and evening in the Playhouse, on Eccles Road between Cross Street and the Market Place. Contact Angela Buttrill 07958 184522 for further details.
In 2012, there were seven:
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Town Well Dressing outside the Town Hall on Market Street (opposite the Tourist Information centre)
- 2. Methodist Church Well Dressing further east on Market Street, outside the Methodist Church
- 3. Bowden Lane Well Dressing at the junction of Hayfield Road and Bowden Lane, just off Market Street, near the Pack Horse pub
- 4. Bear Well on the south side of Buxton Road, a little distance below the slip road leading off the A6 from the Buxton direction (when approaching from the town centre, do not follow the signs for Buxton but take the road marked as "no through road" straight ahead where the main road bears left)
- 5. Nanny’s Well on the east side of Crossings Road, which runs north towards Chinley from the B5470 about 1 km west of the town centre
- 6. The Lodge Well Dressing in the grounds of The Lodge Care Home on Hayfield Road
- 7. Tramps Park Well Dressing in the small park on the north side of Manchester Road, east of its junction with Crossings Avenue
Map marker hidden? Click on a list item to bring its marker to the top.
How to get there
Chapel-en-le-Frith is located just off the A6 between Buxton and Stockport.
CAR: parking is usually reasonably easy in the town centre and at Nanny’s Well.
SATNAV: SK23 0HP
This is a convenient nearby postcode that can be entered
into your car’s satnav. It is not necessarily the postcode where the
dressings are located
BUS: Every Day: at least 2 per hour to Buxton, Stockport and Manchester Airport; 2 per day to Tideswell.
For bus services in Derby, Derbyshire and the Peak
District, see the Derbyshire Public Transport website. Various Day Tickets are available giving unlimited travel
during the day on buses (and in some cases trains) in the relevant
area. For bus services outside Derbyshire see Traveline.
TRAIN: (station about 1km south of town centre): Every Day: at least 1 per hour from Buxton, Stockport and Manchester.
For details of train services and tickets, see National Rail
These links are provided in good faith but
the compilers of welldressing.com are not responsible for their content.
Notification of broken, outdated or new links will be appreciated.
High Peak Borough, Derbyshire, England.
© Glyn Williams 2013