All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
- June 3 to June 10, 2023
- Dedication: June 4, 3:00p.m. starting in Holy Trinity Church.
- Wells in the Making: May 27 to June 2, various times at various venues in the village, follow the signs.
In 2022, there were five:
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Top Pump Well near the car park entrance, in the centre of Buxton Road at its junction with Fennel Street
- 2. Sheepwash Well at the corner of Church Street near Sheepwash Bridge
- 3. Church Street Well further along Church Street, set into a wall on the south side of the road
- 4. Greaves Lane Well on the east side of Greaves Lane (the road leading to Monsal Head), a short distance from its junction with Church Street
- 5. Little Well further up Greaves Lane, opposite the junction with Hill Cross
- 6. Children’s Well
Another location, the Children’s Well, was not dressed in 2022.
How to get there
Ashford-in-the-Water is located just off the A6, about 2.5km northwest of Bakewell.
CAR: use DE45 1QB for satnav
There is limited on street parking. The village car park is very small, but may be supplemented at busy times by parking on the adjacent field.
BUS: Every Day: At least 1 service per hour from Bakewell and Buxton; hourly from Derby; every 2 hours from Tideswell (with some journeys extending to Castleton); 3 services per day from Sheffield.